RolleChim Drum Flakers are design and manufactured with several engineered characteristics maximizing safe aspects and performances of this equipment.
The proper cooling of the drum is the main critical aspect of design concepts behind the good operation of RolleChim Drum Flakers: cooling water is sprayed through special sprinklers suitable to ensure a 100% wet covering of drum’s internal surface; the knife for flakes generation is equipped with a special hydro-pneumatic self-adapting pushing system to safely set a constant pressure of the knife on the drum without any risks either of drum’ scratching or anomalous over pressure of the knife on drum’ surface.
Safety achievements in a RolleChim Drum Flaker:
- easy operation both from control room and locally (on-board control panel)
- all rotating parts are safely protected;
- no protruding parts are placed in potentially dangerous positions for personnel;
- hot parts are designed for proper insulation;
- noise level at 1 meter is less than 75 dB(A);
- dust-tight design (max 1 mg/m3 of product release into external environment);
- connection to a slight vacuum suction system avoids environmental contamination of PA dusts/vapours during any internal inspection.
RolleChim supplies Drum Flakes for Phthalic Anhydride, Maleic Anhydride, Naphthalene, Caprolactam and other products which have good flakeability characteristics.
RolleChim delivers also a special line of small Flakers to flake heavy residues from Phthalic Anhydride production process. These Flakers have the purpose the better handle (by means of flakes production) the solid PA residue (when it has not sent to incinerator as molten product) whose preparation for disposal is usually expensive in terms of utilization of tools and manpower. Flakes of PA heavy residue might be sold "as it is" as "second-grade PA" to produce second grade plasticizers/resins and insulation agglomerates.
Drum Flaker for PA/MA
Flaker for PA residue